I have recently read this interesting article on the Guardian about the benefits of using social network on your career by Mamta Saha.
It’s great because it basically summarizes the benefits of this tool that some assume to serve only as a form of entertainment.
Also, if you pay attention, you can learn how to use your social media tools to help yourself in your career as well.
I’ll summarize the article here but if you’d like to read the full article, click here.
- It allows even the quietest people to share and show off their amazing depth of knowledge.
- It’s a great way to broaden your circle of contacts and gain useful business connections.
- It lets your interesting and unique personal interests shine, allowing you to connect to influential people in a more personal level.
- Following your company’s movement on social media sites is a great way to spot customer feedbacks or activities. Being the first to report them to your senior staff will get you noticed as someone who really cares about the company.
- It has many great tools to help you manage time and productivity.
Now get socializing!